Dalton

Dalton
Our mostly good dog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What do you call a cow jumping over a barbed wire fence? UTTER DESTRUCTION!

First of all, I apologize that I have not written or posted pictures in a while. As soon as I am home tomorrow, I will do what I can to get things rolling again.
Now, here's why I haven't written:

I have been house/dog sitting for just about 2 weeks. They are both lovely well behaved dogs, but one of them has severe separation anxiety. I have done everything possible to try to calm, and relax this dog, which is not a  small feat. He was walked several times a day, given bones, locked in an area of the house where he could do the least damage, he wore a thunder shirt constantly, I have been giving him beneadryl, and an herbal relaxing supplement. He's also been wearing a pheromone collar that is supposed to help with anxiety.

The first day or so, he was alright. His owner (the son of the people who own the home) had been gone a few days, and the rest of the family had just left, that was Thursday the 14 th. By Wednesday of the next week, he had escaped the enclosed area that he was to be kept in, and went into the office. This is what I found:


By Friday, he had yet again, gotten past the barriers and into the front room. While there, he decided the custom front door, made in Napa valley, would be a good snack. not to mention the rug in front of the door.This is what I found:


Generally he does fine as long as I am there, and will hang out and relax, but Saturday morning, I woke up to this:


This is the second time the garage door (above) has been ruined by this dog. I knew that he had anxiety, and that this would be a rough one for him since his poppa was gone for about 2 and a half weeks. However, I did not anticipate just how bad. 

There was another door, but for some reason the photo is MIA.

Thankfully, the homeowners are sweet, wonderful people, and knew what they might come home to. Looks like their son, will be doing a lot of repairs the next coming weeks! Wish me luck for the last 24 hours of house sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment